I'll start off by saying I hope you all had an amazing Christmas (or if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you had a fab holiday) and if it's not too late, happy new year to you all. Every year I contemplate making new years resolutions like to not eat chocolate, to eat healthy or to not spend so much money, but like I'm sure a lot of people will agree, these can be hard to keep and just make you feel bad when you don't do them. Instead however, this year I was inspired by Alfie of PointlessBlogs' video of his new years resolutions (if you haven't seen it, watch it here) and this year he decided to pick some of his favourite quotes to follow for the year. I really liked this idea as I think it's always important to have wise, inspirational words to follow and they can really help make you feel good about yourself. So I go searching the internet and thought back to some other quotes I liked and here they are, my 2015 quotes:
- Do more of what makes you happy-I heard this in Alfie's video and instantly fell in love with it because as some of my older followers may know one thing I struggle with is being happy and it's definitely one thing I was to accomplish this year.
- Don't change so people will like you, be yourself and the right people will love the real you- I think this is very important for me personally this year as you may know I recently moved to a new flat and a new college in London, and here I have and will be meeting lot's of new people and making new friends and I always have believed that you should never change yourself for anyone and as hard as it is to always be true to who you are.
- You don't always need a plan, sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens- This really stood out to me as I'm quite a bad perfectionist and always feel like I need to know exactly what's happening and what is going to happen, this really gets to me a lot and I feel I need to take a step back more often and relax.
- Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain- If like me you suffer from Depression, Anxiety etc then you may know that sometimes when you're feeling stressed and overwhelmed you just want to give up everything and hide under a bid fluffy duvet forever and never come out again. I get this a lot and with the career I wan't to go into I find my self getting extra stressed and just wanting to give up everything even though deep down I know that's definitely not what I want. This quote is special to me because it's important that I never let these things get the better of me and I can learn and grow from the bad times and they'll only make me stronger.
- It's ok not to be ok- ok so I bet you can guess what song this is from and who the artist is *cheeky side smile* but as cheesy as it is this has always been one of the realest and most honest quotes for me because whether you have a diagnosis or not everyone goes through bad times and sometimes it all gets too much, but it'sperfectly normal and it's a part of life and these bad times can help form you as a person and allow you to learn and grow into a better person each day. So when you do feel down and stressed, just remember, it's ok, somewhere someone is going through the same thing as you and you can get through it.
So there you have it, my new years resolutions/quotes. obviously there are hundreds of amazing quotes about there and these are just a few of them I love and not everyone will agree with these quotes but to be they meant a lot and that's the whole point of it really, you should set things that are personal to you. Apologies if this was quite a boring post for you, be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below.
How about you? What are your new years resolutions and favourite quotes? Let me know bellow.
♥ ♥ ♥